Interim Pastor Search Resources: see 7 Things to Talk About with the Interim Pastor Search Committee for guidance in seeking alignment between the needs of the church and interim pastor candidates.
Interim Ministry Preaching Resources: designed for congregations with interim pastoral leadership; utilizing voices of fellow pastors and denominational leaders. Most sermons available in video, audio, and/or manuscript format, a few are linked here. Contact me to learn more.
- Time, Talent, and Treasure a fall-oriented series introducing a congregation to interim ministry and including a stewardship mini-series; Pardon Me, Do You Have the Time?, Honoring God’s Sabbath, No Rest for the Weary?, Living in the Present: Enjoying the Ride, Discerning God’s Call at Work, Service as Common Vocation, Everything, Redefining Rich, Determination and Love, and Giving in Gratitude.
- Nehemiah: Shoulder to Shoulder in a Broken World, a ‘missional church’ series exploring passages from the book of Nehemiah and the Gospel of Mark side by side.
- The Rest of Your Life a summer-oriented series designed to support a season during which a Pastor Nominating Committee works, series includes: The Rest That Jesus Gives, Resting and Waiting, When Rest is Interrupted, When Sabbath Goes Awry, Being Good Neighbors, Rest Means Trusting in God’s Provision, Rest Means Remembering Who You Are, Resting in the Image of God, Resting in the Midst of Crisis, and Rested and Ready to Go (video) (manuscript)
- Advent & Christmas
- The Roots of Christmas an series utilizing Ann Voscamp’s book Unwrapping the Greatest Gift: a Family Celebration of Christmas, based on Jesse tree imagery; A Stump and a Shoot, Down the Ladder, A Baby Leads, Cradling Christ, and God’s Family Tree.
- The Messiah: An Advent Celebration: Advent: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, Christmas Eve: Already Born!, and Sunday following Christmas focusing on refugees Raising Jesus on the Run.
- Lent, Easter, and Post Easter
- Called: a Lenten sermon and small group series utilizing Mark Labberton’s book Called: the Crisis and Promise of Following Jesus Today. Sermons include: Called to Flourish, Called to be Salt and Light, Called to be Living Stones, Called to Bear the Cross, and Called to Go Forward, and Hope in Hard Places: an Easter Sermon (the Road to Emmaus).
- Forgiveness a Lenten sermon and small group series: Made for Faithfulness, The Miracle of Small Things, The Art of Apology, As We Forgive Our Debtors
- Living in the New Creation: this series support the formation and training of a Pastor Nominating Committee. Sermons include: Agents of God’s Mission in the New Creation, A New Community, Earth Care-Called to Be Green, Peter’s Vision of God’s New Creation, John’s Vision of Incarnation as New Creation, Seeing as God Sees, Racial Reconciliation in the New Creation, How Vs Who, Looking with Expectation, and All Things New.
- Local Church
- Amplify Hope: Gospel Good News from Far Flung Corners of the Earth a summer oriented series introducing a congregation to a new interim pastor, featuring global and local voices of mission leaders from the Middle East, the Dominican Republic, Turkey, Tacoma, Seattle, and beyond. Series could easily be adapted to other voices and locales.
- Belonging: Making Room for All, Belonging Through Baptism, Friendship in the Church, Generous Gifts of the Spirit, Belong to Be Sent, and Listening to Jesus.
- Philippians: God’s Story in Ours: supports the interim task commonly referred to as “coming to terms with the past”. Series includes Confidence and Courage Phil 1:1-11, Lives Worthy of the Gospel Phil 1:27-30, The Downward Path Phil 2:1-11, Shining Like Stars in the Universe Phil 2:12-18, Profit and Loss Phil 3:7-11, Pressing Forward Phil 3:21-21, and Joy in the Present Phil 4:4-9.